Tuesday, December 4, 2012

masters: maurits cornelis escher

Let's talk about Him. I first heard of M.C. Escher at the Art School from my painting teacher, the one I'll thank forever for having taught me almost everything I know and that I still treasure every day (pity there's not much of her work, on the net). Among the first "deeper" approaches to the painting techniques, were the concepts of module and symmetry: who could be a better example? It was love at first sight to me. I still can't find anyone as genius as him and, in my opinion, no one compares to. And no words can describe his majesty more than their works themselves: I can't say which one is my favorite so I picked up two at random, suggesting you to visit the official website and this Facebook fan page to see with your own eyes :)

M.C. Escher - Three worlds - December 1955 - Lithograph


























M.C. Escher - Smaller and smaller - October 1956 - Wood engraving and woodcut in black and brown, printed from four blocks

No comments:

Post a Comment