Tuesday, May 22, 2012

bubble #36

This is a sad period for disco: both Donna Summer and Robin Gibb of the Bee Gees have left this world within a few days of each other. The fact that my opinion of death is karmic and essentially peaceful, does not mean that I'm insensitive. As a toddler, the Bee Gees have been a sort of baby sitters to me: I used to play their records all the time and they basically built my musical imprinting, besides keeping me quiet on an armchair with a pair of headphones bigger than me :) When I heard of Robin's death, I flashed back there and found that bliss again for a while. But when I came back I was pretty sad about time passing, which goes faster and faster without looking at anybody. Nor me. Anyway, this song was one of my favourites - as well as it is now - and I'm glad to share it with you. Love!

Bee Gees - Spirits Having Flown (1979)

No comments:

Post a Comment