Saturday, July 30, 2011

necessity is the mother of invention

New moon today. The perfect day to start a new project: that's why I'm starting the painted version of my alphabet. To do this I needed a lightbox to trace and bypass the original sketch. But lightboxes are too expensive for me so I had to opt for the plan B. After a brief brainstorming with myself, I drove the Piggy to Ikea and bought these tray and LED lighting strip:

















First I fixed the lights on my table using some tape

















Then I put the tray upside down on them, fixing it with some adhesive pads to prevent sliding.

















And here it is, ready to go!

















It's not perfect as a a professional lightbox, but it will do its duty spending 11€ and 1 Watt only :)
Total time, trip to Ikea included: 1h15 :) Good job to me!

1 comment: