Sunday, March 27, 2011

bubble #6

In these days I am listening to a song on loop. I discovered Midlake not so much time ago, maybe one year, and it was sudden love! They are an american indie-psychedelic-folk and, basically, prog rock band.
The first time I heard them I thought it was some unknown 70s stuff of which I was the pioneer. But it was not! :) Hauled down the pirates flag, I dug in their discography and found not one, but many treasures. Their 70s prog looking sound combined with the current technologies makes a bomb, and it's a huge pleasure to pick up every instrument clearly. Well done, guys!
The song I was talking about is Head Home, from their 2006 album The Trials Of Van Occupanter. In 2010 they released The Courage Of Others, much more mature and much more progressive :) Enjoy!

Midlake - The Trials Of Van Occupanter (2006)

No comments:

Post a Comment