Wednesday, March 16, 2011

bubble #5

When I was 16 I consciously met Pink Floyd: I always heard about them and I would know some songs, but I was not mature enough to appreciate. At that age I was ready to fell in love with their masterpiece, in my opinion the best album ever in the whole world: The Dark Side Of The Moon. And so it went. My older cousin (who was my prog-rock pusher) would have the vinyl and put it on a tape. I don't know how many times I've played it on the walkman with my eyes closed to watch the images that those sounds produced in my mind.
Luck was on my side, so they came in Modena (near Bologna) on September 17th, 1994 :) I just remember my open mouth during the whole concert, the green lasers building arcs and tunnels over me and beyond, that enormous circular screen and red and green and pink and blue and all the colours of the rainbow. And the sound. Holy shit, THAT sound! I had never seen or heard anything like that before in my life. I think that my love for progressive rock actually started there.
I found some Youtube videos of that night on a Facebook group, please pay attention to the sound quality and try to imagine how emotional was to be phisically there. By the way, I was more or less in that position among the people :) Stunning flashback!

No comments:

Post a Comment