Saturday, February 26, 2011

bubble #4

In these days, digging through my forgotten stuff to my parents' house, I found some old tapes. In the 90s, when there was no internet or mp3s, the only way a teen had to collect music for his/her walkman (yes, once there was an ipod-free world) was buying records or being ready to rec a tape patiently waiting tuned on the radio. Our playlists were made by cutting pieces of music from the various sources and it took so much time. To be honest, it was one of my favourite ways to spend it.
At 15 I was addicted to U2 and my mixtapes were full of them. I had all their vinyls then, one day, I lent some to my bff Irene to be transferred on tapes and never saw them again (precisely: The Joshua Tree, War, Rattle and Hum, The Unforgettable Fire and Achtung Baby. October and Boy are safe in my library, thank goodness). Things that happen! However, I am sure they will come home, some day.
Well, stuck on a magnetic tape, I recovered this gem. It has always been one of my favourites and has an all-power time machine effect that brings me straight to that gorgeous, unforgettable 1993. Enjoy!

U2 - The Unforgettable Fire (1985)

No comments:

Post a Comment