Tuesday, February 8, 2011

bubble #2

I am a disco dj, everybody knows. I love synthesizers, I shiver for space sounds, I jump around the dancefloor and shout (I cannot whistle) like a drunk hooligan when I hear a hypnotic bass but my heart belongs to 70s progressive rock.
When I was 16 all my friends were crazy for Take That or Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Hole and all that contemporary cool 90s stuff. I had PFM, Pink Floyd, King Crimson, Jethro Tull, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple. My friends teased me indeed, but I did not care at all :) I loved brit pop and some grunge too, but I already had the groupie pop moment of my life when I was 9: I had enough. I needed more. I was very far on my musical path, it was time to rise upstairs :)
I am glad I met prog in that moment of life when emotions are hundredfold and a single chord can blow you away, so it stuck in my mind like fire and every time I put one of my vinyls on the turntable I fly back there, in that huge, faceted, dreamy bubble that prog is to me. Now that I am grown - and my ears are more refined than hungry - I even better see all that beauty and enjoy it all.
In the wake of Poseidon may be my favourite from King Crimson. At the moment it is. Enjoy.

King Crimson - In The Wake Of Poseidon (1970)

No comments:

Post a Comment